Saturday, April 25, 2009

My brother's first rally

My younger brother Sam, a senior at Monroe Woodbury HS, started an equality for all club. 
Lucky for me,
 I arrived home just in time for his big event--a rally he organized at Church Park Goshen. 

There were roughly 120 people, a
 couple local papers, channel 12 news--a local station and fabulous sunshine. 








Speakers included the first openly gay NY assemblyman-
-Daniel O'Donnell (yes, brother to Rosie), a local mayor and activists and of course my brother--who gave the longest most passionate speech of all.





 








An activist and her daughter--a  
miracle of artificial insemination. 

















In the car just yesterday, (our biannual drive of bonding necessitated by my resistance to stay in one place) he talked
 about how he was finally coming to terms with 
his unfulfilled political dreams, fostered, especially by his deceased mother, since he was young.                                            














             
                                                                                          








 And a Mom who took way more pictures than me =)


No comments:

Post a Comment